Tuesday, August 15, 2006

easy peasey, japernesey!

wow. i have found, officially, THE most relaxing place in the world. it's called pai, a tiny village in northern thailand. my guest house, which happens to be the most relaxing and coolest guest house in this village, is situated about a 5 minute motorbike ride outside of 'town'.

today, the big events were as follows: a lotus flower bloomed in my pond. yes, my bungalow has a pond with lotus flowers. you can also see the pond from my porch, or from my balcony. you cannot see the pond from the sliding glass doors at the foot of my bed because there you can only see the rice paddy fields and the mountains. oh yeah, events! i also mustered the energy to walk 50 meters to a temple. and watched fish feed. yep. gettin' pretty soft here in pai, so delhi is sure to rock me. looking forward to it!

last night, i hung out with my neighbors: 5 frenchies and 5 japanesers = good fun! the french people brought red wine and cheese from france. therefore i was in heaven. they sat around discussing different techniques of sniffing wine and chain smoking cigarettes. the japanesers brought seaweed, sticky rice (which also makes and excellent incense holder!), wasabi, and other sushi whatnots. hence, i was in heaven. i'm having a good time in pai!

and i'm scared to go back to india. i'm getting soft here. delhi is going to be an assault on the senses, to put it mildly. but it'll be good fun, good fun!

ps to joba - aye aye on the november trip, can't wait to see aj and teach my not-so-smaaht aunti joba a thing or 2. in the meantime, i'll grab a few orchids off some trees here and travel around with them till november - they should hold up quite well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home