Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mann aus Stehl





Hi Miss,

Things in Vienna are quite wonderful. As I had hoped for, this 6 credit International Business Class is a joke and most of the time involves exploring Vienna during the week and recovering from weekend debauchery. A group of 10 of us went to Prague, Czeck Republic this past weekend. It was a beautiful city and they drink the most beer per capita of anyone in the world. The beer over here is so good when it hits the lips!

This weekend we are going to Budapest for more "cultural immersion" We haven't wandered too far off the beaten path yet, but when you have so little time in a city, i'm inclined to hit the sites and the good bars at night!

Last night a group from class went to downtown Vienna for an outdoor orchestra video. The famous orchestras generally don't play in the summer so they play DVD's of famous concerts on a huge DVD screen with a nice sound system downtown. The backdrop is the Viennese city hall which is an architectural marvel. They just put out all these seats, all these vendors show up to sell beer and food and stuff. And they serve all the alchohol in glasses. These folks really know how to relax and enjoy themselves. The city is very charming and the food is pretty good, but they never give you enough water with meals.

Yesterday, I went roller blading along the Danube and took a digger. Nice shiner on my leg, but I'll be alright. I think people thought I died, and I also thought I was going to, but the palm protectors saved me from certain hospitilization! Time is going by so quick here, the trip is already half over. Looking forward to visiting Geoffrey in Paris at the end of next week, then it is back to the Grind!!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Thailand. I hear soaking your hands in ice at the end of a long day of massages is good preventitive medicine for your muscles.

Take good care, be safe, love, will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home