Sunday, August 06, 2006

lazy sunday

howdy bloggers -

i just had 2 days off in a row from thai massage, for the first time in a long while. my thumbs are, uhh, injured from the month of massage i've been doing. that's right, injured thumbs.

anyway, took a little bike ride out to this beautiful lake with my massage pals. they have all these little bamboo huts around the lake and you sit on the floor and they serve you food. then you lie around for 3 hours...good stuff.

i'm now looking into my third massage course with an intuitive healer masseur. interesting dude, and i think i'll learn a lot on how to improve my technique. if my thumbs recover!

in 3-5 days, i'm going to pai, which is a smaller town about 3 hours from chiang mai. i can't believe i've been in thailand for 5 weeks and haven't left chiang mai except once to renew my visa. after 7 months (more?) of travel, staying put definitely has its advantages.

yesterday i saw a poodle that had been dyed hot pink on the head and ankles. these thais like their style.

oh yeah, also - i found a live music venue. it's just a little shack of a bar that's kind of outdoors kind of indoors. with really good musicians! i was in heaven! and to top it all off, there was a surprise (to me, anyway) visitor. i heard this atrocious 'coughing'/throat clearing noise, turned around, and there was a dude there with his pet elephant. so it's official: i can move here, now that i've found a place that has live music, and elephants.

luckily san diego still beats any place i've been to!

uhh, the thai guy next to me just asked me if it was 2006. interesting question.

all right, sawat-di khah tout le monde!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home