Friday, July 07, 2006

Oops - I Suck

Well, I want to publicly apologize for being the world's worst blogger lately. I know you are going through withdrawal from a lack of my witty banter and hysterical anecdotes. But have no fear, my little Indian/Thai Princess, I am back.

First of all, I am very envious that you are now basking in the Thai sun with hot cabana boys rubbing your back with tanning oil (sorry, Mr. and Mrs. F). I must know that Thailand is amazing so that I can put in on my "to do" list for next year when me, you and Amy (and maybe your brothers if they ever stop moving around) can have a reunion. And how is the food? I hear that it's to die for. (I used to make a sweet peanut Thai dish when I lived in the Cardiff pad - Will always said it tasted like baby vomit, but, I thought it was delightful.) I am slowly but surely expanding my palette and I've begun with Thai food and I'm strangely addicted.

Second, I returned home last week from my trip to Brazil. Two words for you - FARKIN' AWESOME. I am hoping that after Amy does her stint in Korea she will elect to teach English to the Brazilians, which would be nice seeing as they speak VERY little English down there. The men are hot, the bathing suits are tiny (which was rather disturbing at times), the drinks are mucho strong and the sights are incredible. Go ahead and put Brazil on your to-do list!! I will definitely accompany you down. My lame butt even managed to throw myself off a 2,000-foot mountain and hang-glide. Yes, me, the girl who freaks out at the top of the stairs due to my obnoxious fear of heights. Once I got over the initial freak out stage, it was the most amazing experience (next to finding those Manolo Blahnik's on sale at Neiman Marcus in my size). And here Matt was calling himself xtreme - not so much.

Anyway, that's about it from here. Amy cakes stopped up for the night on her way back up north and I just squeezed her the whole night. We ate La Cabana and she carelessly left her leftovers in my refrigerator which was a brilliant surprise when I returned home from work last night!! I can't believe that shortly, we'll all be on three different continents. (Sadface.) But rumor has it that you'll be letting me squeeze you soon. Hmmmmmm????

Ok, don't want to overload you with too much Rachel-ness at once.....

Miss you desperately and write me soon - and send me a postcard from Thailand!!

Big hugs and kisses,
Rach

PS: Here's a little snapshot of where we stayed in Copacabana Beach....ahhhhh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

which one is you, rach, and which one is jill????

1:21 AM  
Blogger Rach2LA said...

I'm the one with the big gut.

9:47 AM  
Blogger will.fenwick said...

gross

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home