Wednesday, August 30, 2006

good times ahead

greetings from south india, where i sit like a lump on a log all day. sometimes i read or do yoga. mostly i sit there and allow myself to be mothered and pampered.

i have 2 indian "ma's" here: one lady gives me massages and steam baths, speaks to me in mallyalum and the other one lets me 'help' in the kitchen. i think it's a ruse though - really she just lures me into the kitchen and proceeds to stuff my face with some delicious indian food - nummers! as you can imagine, i put up quite a fight.

the onam festival is underway here, with the big 3 days of celebration coming up early next week. this is the biggest festival in kerala, my favorite indian state. it celebrates an ancient story involving, um, a king. basically it's a time for families to come together and eat a lot of food. which is perfect because coozin amy arrives on monday - only 4 more days! i'm jumping out of my skin with anticipation!

our 'plans' include going to the yoga ashram that i first went to when i got here, hopping around in kerala, going to goa, and finally mumbai where we hope to be extras in a bollywood film!

cooz, your arrival cannot come soon enough...safe trip and see you soon soon soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home