Sunday, September 10, 2006

here with weapon

hi miss,

sorry for my absence from the blog, i'm trying to cram the 3 months of work i missed into the past 3 weeks, and it's not working out for me, so i sit at my desk at 0900 on a sunday morning trying to get my lectures together for the week and catch up on the myriad of tasks on my to-do-at-some-point-in-time-before-I-get-relieved list.

Charece left for the land of "Everyday is a Monday" on Friday night. She got to meet her Commander in Chief an hour before they boarded their flight to Iraq. Her flight departed from Andrews Air Force Base in DC and they were delayed for the arrival of Air Force One. "W" got off the plane and shook the hands of everyone in her unit, when he got to her, he looked down at her rank and said, "Captain, make sure you bring them all home." Almost makes me cry! She should be in-country by now enjoying the triple digit temperatures that the region offers in September. Please keep her and her Marines in your prayers.

Other than that, I ran my 2nd triathlon yesterday. It was good, but i was still recovering from my scorching PFT the day before, so I wasn't 100%. Temperature at race time was 54F which doesn't make the swim very fun, i brought a wetsuit, but opted to tough it out, I was rewarded with 70F water temperature, so the swim was really nice. The bike was cold and I got passed by a couple of girls (they must have been Olympic athletes to pass me =;)) and the run was agonizing, but i thoroughly embrace that kind of agony. I figured out the hardest part of running the triathlons for me is dragging my ass out of bed at 0530 on a Saturday.

i'm debating on not getting cable in my apartment, not sure if i can bring myself to do it, if it was summer i wouldn't have a problem, but winter limits the number of things to do around here, so we'll see, whadya think?

stay safe and relaxed, i'm rooting for you and @my to get together to hang in india together. see you soonest.

The Few, The Proud,
Amen Pookatalka
Capt USMC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home