Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fizzle My Dizzle

I don't know what that title means, but, I felt like saying it. So I did.

Hi honey, how are you? I hope you're feeling better. I didn't catch up on the blog until today because the art of reading was a challenge with me this week as I scratched my cornea last weekend and had to rock a patch for the first few days of the week. YES I WAS STILL HOT. God - IDIOTS.

So, I'm sure I'm too late to chime in about being homesick but too bad. Let me tell you what really helped me. Picture it - I was 8 and at Girl Scout Camp 45 minutes from home for a whole week. Not just during the day, either - day AND night. Well, you can imagine the stress. By hour four, after the s'mores and boondoggle, I was completely distraught (even more distraught than Gigi and Rebel in freakin' dresses - well done Woo). I didn't think I was going to be able to make it a whole week, particularly since my bunkmate picked her nose and totally grossed me out. But I survived. I knew I had a great family and friends at home waiting for me and I could enjoy what was before me or cry my eyeballs out and be "that" kid at camp and waste the opportunity that was all mine to appreciate. I wrote to my family eery day (the letters all got to them after I got home - efficient) and that really seemed to help. As you can see, I survived and still remember the Girl Scout pledge to this day. Oh wait, no, that was a cheer I learned in the sorority. Whatever.

And by the way, sweetie, a swim and double yoga is a quaint little schedule for a Wednesday. My day today consisted of a drive in LA traffic to Riverside and then 7 hours in front of the computer counting down the days until my next vacation.

You are amazing. You are doing amazing things and we all miss you and love you and are so very proud of you. You'll be home with us soon enough - keep enjoying every moment and love us through those moments.

Stay safe and have fun.

Love you bunches,
Rach

PS: I'm still really disturbed that no one saw anything wrong with Will dressing his cats in dresses. I'm just throwing it out there. Can you say INTERVENTION?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home