Thursday, April 20, 2006

i am the mighty cockroach

i have escaped from yoga prison! it wasn't easy; in fact it was pretty shameful, but i made it out alive and hap-hap-happy!

i did tell a big fat lie to get out of the ashram. they kindly told me i could leave since my mother was sick. they then proceeded to tell me that no refund was possible. long story short, many hoops jumped through, i produced an e-mail prooving my mother's sickness. and i do mean "produced", and got most of my $$ back. so all's well that ends well!

i have been having some fatabulous barbgain days - yesterday i spent $2 all day, food and lodging. thatz a new record that can bring a tear to mom's eye: a barbgain if one ever existed!

my new place, i refer to as cell #9. it's concrete and the bed and pillow are hard (this could be considered an understatement) but i love it. it's home and i'm happy and i'm doing 5 hours of yoga a day with a knowledgeable professor. i did sprain my wrist but it's no big deal, i'm just modifying poses as needed.

ALSO, i sat next to an aussie at dinner the other night who really needed volunteers for a thai massage. i had to help this poor fellow out and got a 2.5 hour thai massage - so life is good!

as for the title of this here blog, i am starting to feel like a seasoned traveler, especially in my new ashram: it's $1 per night. also i'm drinking the water (it's from the himalayas) and eating street food on a regular basis.

i am also enjoying feeding cows my banana peels - they're so funny, they stick out their tongues and curl it around whatever you hold in front of their face!

finally, i request pictures of bloggers to be posted - I MISS YOUR FACES!!! pretty pretty pretty please lest i get homewick again!

much love and namaste all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home