Saturday, January 14, 2006

i want my mommy!

well i lasted for over a week before i got sick! yesterday, my first thought was, "i'm drinking air." (it was more than a little humid.) yesterday was hellacious, today is much better. i had been battling a sore throat due to pollution the entire visit here, but yesterday is when everything kicked into high gear. i went to the teachings in the morning, rode my bike back to my camp, and flopped on my bed. later i staggered outside and flopped on another bed in a cooler spot. (yes, joba, it's hot here, but not as hot as t'dad in the summer.)

i spent the afternoon trying to be unconscious, and then took a rickshaw to a tibetan doctor. i had a fever of 102, felt nauseus (sp?), extremely weak, started with the runs later in the pm....yesterday, like i said, wasn't a good day. today's been much better. luckily i have made some wonderful friends here who are looking out for 'little miss mev', as my friend john calls me.

in other news, i am leaving amaravati in 2 days! travel plans, which have flip-flopped about a dozen times, are back to the semi-original plan of going to neyyar dam (near trivandrum) in kerala at the shivananda yoga ashram, where i will be meeting up with my friend dango from nantucket.

toodle-oo for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger @my said...

Jinkies, well, I guess the sickies was to be expected, hopefully that made them a bit easier. Hopefully this will help build up your immune system a bit. Take good care of yourself.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home